First time around
Are you bouldering for the first time?
First time bouldering?
Bouldering is one of the most popular types of climbing. No wonder: it is easy to start and suits everyone! Climbing comes naturally for children and there’s no upper limit for age either! You can read more about bouldering here.
When you come to try bouldering for the first time, follow these guidelines:
- Pick the most suitable gym from our for gyms: Pasila, Konala, Espoo or Herttoniemi and come whenever within the opening times.
- Pack sport clothes and a bottle of water. You don’t need to have any equipment of your own. The only thing you need to try climbing is a pair of climbing shoes and they are available for rent (and/or purchase) at every BK. The clothes should be flexible and such that it doesn't matter if they get a little "chalky". We offer chalk for preventing the sweating of the hands. It comes off very easily by washing. Also take thin socks with you to put in the rental shoes.
- We recommend you to cut your nails before climbing - rather already at home. In case you forget, we provide you with nail clippers at all our gyms.
- Take your family or friends with you or come by yourself! When you come with a child, read more info here.
- Tell the cashier that you are bouldering at BK for the first time. You can fill in the liability form at the gym or already at home here. As a first timer you get the shoes for free and the other prices you can check here.
- Our professional staff will guide you to begin so you can start as safely and easy as possible.
- There is no time limit so you can climb as long as you want and can.
- Come soon again and you’ll see how fast you can develop!
Do you still have some questions? Here you can find answers to most frequently asked questions. You can also contact us by email email@example.com or contacting our gyms directly by sending a message or calling.