FIRST TIME BOULDERING?
What is bouldering?
Bouldering is one of the most popular forms of climbing because it's a fun way to challenge yourself physically and mentally. Boulderkeskus is known for its relaxed and encouraging atmosphere and easygoing community of climbers.
You can start any day!
Bouldering requires little equipment so it's easy to get started! You only need a pair of climbing shoes which are available for rent (and/or purchase) at every Boulderkeskus gym. No ropes or harnesses needed! The walls are about 5 meters high and they are surrounded by a thick 50 cm foam padding to soften your fall.
No need to make a reservation, just come and climb!
Take your family or friends with you or come by yourself! Tell the cashier that you are bouldering at BK for the first time. All climbers must fill in BK's registration and terms of service form at the gym or already at home here. Our staff will guide you so you can start climbing safely and easily. There's something to climb for all levels of climbers in every gym. You can check our prices and payment methods here.
Practically no age limits or other restrictions!
There is no time limit so you can climb as long as you have energy!
First timer's offer: We offer all first timer's the next three climbing sessions for the price of 35 €, including rental shoes (norm. 51 €)!
Age is just a number!
In climbing, there isn't a maximum age limit either. Our oldest members are over 50 years old and we even have climbers who are over 70! The minimum age limits is where the parents feel comfortable to let their children climb. Bouldering is a social sport so don't be afraid to ask for help from fellow climbers at the gym. Here are some of our clients' descriptions of bouldering
- Very efficient exercise
- Exercise that doesn't feel like exercise!
- Testing your own limits and finding new limits
- Improving your own climging (technique, power, endurance)
- Problem solving
- Making new friends
- Hanging out with friends
- Something you can do for 30 minutes of 3 hours at a time
- Learning to enjoy successes and deal with failures
- The most climbing in the shortest time
- A great pastime to do alone or in a group
Climbing with children?
Children are natural climbers and at Boulderkeskus we are passionate about offering climbing opportunities for kids! We encourage the whole family to come and climb and have fun together. To make climbing and training safe and comfortable for everyone, we have developed a guideline for families with children at the gym (further below). Adults are always primarily responsible for children and their behavior in the climbing gym. We hope you read the instructions and go them through with your children below before coming to the gym.
Kids who are 7-year-old or younger can climb for free with a paying adult (2 kids per adult). Otherwise, kids have their own reduced entrance fee. You can check the prices here. The rental shoes are always free for kids (under 18 year olds).
Here are some instructions on climbing with children at the gym:
- An adult must supervise young children at all times to avoid dangerous situations. Climbing is a potentially dangerous sport and the biggest danger for kids in a bouldering gym is being caught under a falling climber.
- In every gym we have a suitable climbing wall for beginners and children. It's a safe space to start climbing some easier problems. You cannot leave your child alone to play or climb.
- Kids under the age of 14 need to climb under adult supervision
- Kids who are over 14 years old can climb independently on all the walls of the gym
- Younger kids can climb on the bigger walls only under adult supervision. If the adult climbs, the child must wait off the mats
- The mats aren't a safe place to hangout - sofas are meant for that ;).
- The gym equipment and warmup area are for adults only due to safety reasons.
- Screaming, goofing around and running aren't the way to behave in the gym. This applies also to adults - no swearing please!
- The staff has the right and duty to remove from the gym people who are not following these rules
Let’s make sure together that bouldering is fun for everyone!