CLIMBING WITH KIDS
Kids are natural climbers!
At Boulderkeskus we are passionate about offering climbing opportunities for kids! We encourage the whole family to come and climb and have fun together.
7-year-olds and younger can climb for free with a paying adult at all the Boulderkeskus gyms (1 children's entry / paying adult)! If the guardian is not climbing, only an entrance ticket from the child is needed. Climbers under 18 always get rental shoes for free. You can check our prices from here.
We offer climbing for kids at all our gyms. Best facilities can be found from BK Flash - Finland's first climbing gym designed purely for kids and youth - in Espoo. BK Flash is located at the same gym as BK Espoo in Finnoo. BK Flash offers pleanty of playing and climbing opportunities for all kids from babies to toddlers to teenagers.
To make climbing and training safe and comfortable for everyone, we have developed a guideline for families with children at the gym. Adults are always primarily responsible for children and their behavior in the climbing gym. We hope you read the instructions and go them through with your children below before coming to the gym.
Here are some insctruction on climbing at the gym with children:
- In every gym we have a suitable climbing wall for beginners and children. It's a safe space to start climbing some easier problems. However, an adult must supervise their child at all times during their time at the gym. Please do not leave your child alone to play or climb.
- Kids who are over 14 years old can climb independently. Younger kids can climb only under adult supervision. If the adult climbs, the child must wait off the mats.
- The mats aren't a safe place to hang out - there are sofas and other areas that are meant for that.
- The gym equipment and warmup area are for adults only due to safety reasons!
- We kindly ask you to respect the other climbers and their chance to have a peaceful climbing experience. Screaming and running aren't the way to behave at the gym. This applies also to adults - no swearing please!
- The staff has the right and duty to remove people who are not following these rules from the gym.
Let’s make sure together that bouldering is fun and safe for everyone!
See you at Boulderkeskus!